Friday, July 18, 2014

Sold-Dollhouse Miniature Harry Potter Candy Cart Trolley Update

Hello, happy Friday everyone :)

My trolley is finished, a second one started.  I believe they both may be sold all ready, this one for sure.

Here's what I ended up with:



So as you can see I did manage to sculpt an acceptable owl, although I'm always hard on myself that I couldn't do it as perfectly as the real animal photo I work off of.  It's very difficult with something so tiny to work in the detail.  My thumb is larger than this owl, so you can imagine how hard it is to get the look right.  

My next plan of action for the next cart is to try to the best of my ability to make a house elf pushing the cart (if I can turn out one decent enough to use that is)  and I'm hoping to add in some mischievous Cornish pixies to stir the pot, so to speak.  If I can sculpt them that small and manage to turn them out ok then they should be causing all sorts of havoc on the candy cart :)  If I can manage the sculpting, then this cart should really be something special.  Stay tuned for more photos of upcoming work and have a happy weekend everyone!   

2 comments:

  1. so cute, they remind me of the trolly from the first HP movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What materials did you use to make this?

    ReplyDelete